Wednesday, January 18, 2017

The Whole Ball of Wax

I really enjoyed this article by Jerry Saltz.  Firsthand, I'm not very experienced with art, but have heard many people I know share powerful stories about how art moved them and changed their perspective of life. I have yet to experience this, which is why I have been trying to keep an open mind when viewing it, in whichever form it may come in. I know that someday art will be able to change my world just like how it is described in the article, but until then I must become more experienced and skilled in how to interpret art and identify some of the many ways in which it can be manifested, and am looking forward to doing so in this class.

6 comments:

  1. I think it is good how open you are to learn and that you recognize your weaknesses. By being open and recognizing your weaknesses I think that will make it easier for you to learn new concepts and hopefully allow you to eventually see art as a mechanism to change the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have yet to experience art changing my perspective of life. I do, however think it is an interesting topic to bring up because it can be enlightening listening to others peoples' stories about how it has changed theirs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too agree with you that art is yet to impact my life the way it has some people and I have left an open mind on the subject. I do not discourage art from my life but rather am more open to it because I have not experienced it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel similarly to you in that art hasn't exactly changed my world or has had that great of an impact on my life, however I can see where it can for other people. I agree with the positive outlook and what you hope to gain from this class.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this review for your first post, because I think it sets a starting point of where you are in regards to art and at the end of this course it will be a great place to look back on to see how you have grown with your art experience

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how you expressed how you aren't experienced with art, yet have an opened mind to how other people see and experience art.

    ReplyDelete